I’m the November speaker for the Austin Chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas, where I’ll be sharing the benefits and how-tos of nature sketching, then we’ll make a mini sketchbook and do some drawing!
What you will learn:
- How to create a small sketch book using simple materials.
- How to do a simple drawing of a flower.
- How to be still and pay closer attention to the natural world around you.
- How drawing helps you develop more understanding of plant anatomy and ecology.
- How drawing helps you develop a greater awareness and appreciation for native landscapes.
What to bring to the presentation:
- A #2 pencil and a few pieces of blank paper (sheets from your home printer will do just fine).
- An open mind!
We’ll have a followup trip to sketch together out in the field.
Presentation: November 13, 7:00 pm
Field Trip: November 17, 9:00 am, Mayfield Park
More info HERE.