Hello, so nice to meet you! I’m a watercolor wanderer living in Austin, Texas. I try to capture on paper that feeling of wonder that I get when I’m out exploring in nature. I’m on a mission to spread that joyful feeling to others.
I have over 10 years experience working in the arts and crafts industry. My work for Hero Arts has been in major retailers worldwide including Target, Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, Paper Source, Home Depot and World Market. My photographs have been used on websites and in publications by Hero Arts, the Native Prairies Association of Texas and the Native Plant Society of Texas. At the end of 2015 I became a full-time freelance artist.
My specialties include:
- Product development
- Product photography, nature photography
- Art stamp design and illustration
- Website design and implementation
- Teaching workshops
I have a Master of Science in Mathematics with an emphasis in Computer Science and previously worked as a senior software engineer, including 10 years at IBM in the security software space and CTO at Hero Arts. (Find my tech resume here.)
Volunteer work includes:
- Two term president of the Austin chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas
- Leading field trips for the Native Prairies Association of Texas
- Vegetation monitoring at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Workdays for the Austin Parks Foundation
- Guest artist interview on Doodlewash