Hello, so nice to meet you!
I’m a watercolor wanderer living in Austin, Texas. I try to capture on paper that feeling of wonder that I get when I’m out exploring in nature. I’m on a mission to spread that joyful feeling to others.
I have over 15 years experience working in the arts and crafts industry. My work for Hero Arts has been in major retailers worldwide including Target, Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics, Paper Source, Home Depot and World Market. My photographs have been used on websites and in publications by Hero Arts, the Native Prairies Association of Texas and the Native Plant Society of Texas. In 2015 I became a full-time freelance artist.
My specialties include:
- Product development
- Product photography, nature photography
- Art stamp design and illustration
- Website design and implementation
- Teaching workshops
I’m currently an ambassador for Ellen Hutson, an online paper craft store and Art Toolkit, creators of expeditionary art tools. I also occasionally guest blog for other paper craft companies. (See more on my craft blog here.)
I have a Master of Science in Mathematics with an emphasis in Computer Science and previously worked as a senior software engineer, including 10 years at IBM in the security software space and CTO at Hero Arts. (Find my tech resume here.)
Volunteer work includes:
- Design and maintain the website for the Native Prairies Association of Texas
- Two term president of the Austin chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas
- Leading field trips for the Native Prairies Association of Texas
- Vegetation monitoring at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
- Workdays for the Austin Parks Foundation
- Guest artist interview on Doodlewash
- Mixing Triads and making a pamphlet book video demo with Maria from ArtToolkit
- What is Orange, Exploring Watercolor Mixes as a Fundraiser for Racial Justice